- Github Project hosted at: https://github.com/dreamcat4/finch.
- For support, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a fix is available
- Check through Finch issues for existing problem reports.
- Try updating with
finch update. In case the problem was already fixed.
- There may be relevant information in the Finch FAQ or at Finch issues.
Find the log files
- Save any direct Terminal output to a text file.
- Obtain the Finch Log files (see below).
- Be aware that
shutdown.logonly record details of the last time Finch was started or stopped.
Log files can be found at:
$finch_realpath/var/log/finch/install.log $finch_realpath/var/log/finch/boot.log $finch_realpath/var/log/finch/shutdown.log
$finch_realpath is the directory where you installed Finch FreeBSD.
- Send an email to: email@example.com.
- Try to be as precise and descriptive as possible.
- Include terminal output and log files with your message.
- Upload any screenshots to imgur.com.